FAQ – Body
The science of resolving your symptoms and conditions can be complicated, so we’ve attempted to address some of the most common questions below.
Q: What are the signs that I should go to Jurmaine Health?
- When you have been going to a clinic consecutively for weeks on end without a resolution, we may be able to help.
- When you find yourself receiving the same treatment approach for weeks, months or years on end without a resolution, we may be able to help.
Q: What is different about Jurmaine Health practitioners and processes?
We see the whole person and aim for definable outcomes eg. optimised health or strength, reduced or eliminated pain, better quality of life eg. better sleep. We stand by this; for example;
- If we find that we can’t have a definable outcome for you within 2-4 sessions, we are likely to refer you on for further medical investigation.
- If you are a sport or performance arts athlete, we are likely to get you ready in a very short span of time. If you want to train but don’t know where to start, we can help give you a specialised and simple fundamental base to work from.
- At least one of our musculoskeletal clinicians is an Active Release Techniques™ instructor, which is the methodology that has been used by the World IronMan Championships for more than 25 years.
Q: What are your fees?
Our Current Fee Structure (fees are subject to change each financial year)
- $170.00 per hour (taping included)
- $85.00 per 1/2 hour for subsequent sessions
We will inform you if we need to spend more time with you.
Note: Your session at Jurmaine is one whole hour one-on-one – with one of our trained practitioners. Not 15 mins shared across multiple clients as many other clinics do. We are geared for results – this takes time & increases likelihood of lasting outcomes.
- The average total spend by a person in a common rehabilitation setting is $1,300.00.
- People spend an average of $850.00 on rehabilitation fees with us.
- We work with patients who are on a Chronic Disease Management (formerly Enhanced Primary Care or EPC). Speak to your GP who can arrange a care plan on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS).
Comparison of Jurmaine Health Fees to other practitioners:
- Common Chiropractic Fee: $55 – $60 per 10 – 15 minute session (equivalent to $240 per hour)
- Top End Massage/Musculoskeletal Therapist: $120 per hour
- Top End Strength Trainer: $120 – $150 per hour
- Top End Physiotherapist: $240 – $280 per half an hour
Q: How many sessions are needed?
This usually depends on:
- The diagnosis, issues and goals of the individual
- The rate of recovery
Most people experience a significant difference in pain or movement perception within the first two sessions. However, it is the second session that determines the recovery pathway.
Q: What do I need to bring?
We recommend that you bring:
- Comfortable clothes
- Previous imagings (eg. CT, MRI, X-Ray)
How long are the session?
You can expect your first session to take 1 hour. Most subsequent sessions are half an hour, however some people do require at least 45 minutes, to an hour.
It depends on what you are trying to achieve and how much treatment your body can tolerate.
Q: Do you use equipment like TENS or Ultrasound?
No, we don’t. We assess, diagnose and treat with our hands.
Q: Do you accept Chronic Disease Management Plans (given by GP)?
Yes, we do. Please check with your health cover provider that you are covered for chiropractic and physiotherapy.
Q: Do you accept Private Health funds?
Yes, we do. Please check with your health cover provider that you are covered for Chiropractic. If for physiotherapy only, we cannot help you claim that if you did need to see one of our head clinicians who are chiropractors.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
We take credit card details up-front and require at least 12 hours notice if you are unable to attend your appointment. In cases of emergency, please let us know at your earliest convenience.
Because our time is important, any no-shows and failure to inform us of non-attendance are charged at 100% of the appointment rate.
Still have a question?
To book an appointment that can be your first positive step
to pain-free good health, contact Jurmaine Health today.