Athlete Recovery & Performance Management
Sports injuries are not only extremely common, but can also have long-term effects on an athlete when treated incorrectly or neglected. Without proper care and a recovery plan, what starts as a once-off injury can become multiple repeat injuries which can be devastating for both individuals and sports teams alike.
Jurmaine Health has a range of athlete recovery and performance management programs designed to help athletes and sports clubs to identify physical vulnerabilities, prevent injury and aid in the rehabilitation and recovery process.
Who Is Considered An Athlete?
As long as you are participating in a sport, you are an athlete.
The difference will be in the range of athletic development. For example, you may be a weekend athlete, a beginner athlete, an intermediate athlete, an advanced athlete, an elite athlete, a professional level athlete.
We’ve Worked With The Following:
Common Causes Of Musculo/Movement-Mechanic InjurynIn Athletes
- Poor sport transition (eg. going from Triathlon to CrossFit™)
- Unsuitable programming for the individual athlete (eg. lifting capabilities or in team sports)
- Technical faults or Technique Mechanics vs Biomechanical issue
- High repetition in Singular (one) Plane of training Pattern
Issues We Help To Resolve
- Soft Tissue Dysfunction
- Sport Related Injury
- Indentifying weak links of movement patterns as result of previous injuring and helping to prevent recurrence
- Addressing Movement Mechanical vs Biomechanical issues